LAST UPDATED: July 2, 2015
Collection of Information
We and our service providers may collect the following information from users of the Services:
- Parent’s Email Address. A child user may submit the email address of his or her parent or guardian. We use the email address to seek the consent of the parent or guardian to the child’s use of the Services. We may also use the email address to invite the parent or guardian to create a family account or otherwise interact with us.
- Device and Activity Information. We collect persistent identifiers, including IP addresses, cookies and device identifiers, that provide us with information about how the Services are accessed and used (including browser and device type, time spent on the Services, pages visited and other data about website, game or App usage). We use this information solely to support our internal operations. For example, we may use the information to ensure that the Services function properly, to facilitate navigation, to calculate play or use levels, to diagnose problems and to administer a game, App or the Services. We may also use pixel tags (also known as web beacons or clear GIFs) in our emails to determine the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. We do not track a user of our Services when he or she is on a third-party site or service.
- Analytics Information.
- Information Collected through Adobe Flash Technology: We may use Adobe Flash technology (including Flash Local Shared Objects ("Flash LSOs") and other similar technologies to, among other things, collect and store information about use of the Services. If you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your device, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the tools contained using the Website Storage Settings Panel. You can also control Flash LSOs by going to the Global Storage Settings Panel and following the instructions. Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications.
We and our service providers may also collect the following information from eligible users of the Services:
- Profile Information. An eligible user may submit the following information to create a profile: name, email address, address, phone number, gender, preferred language and display name. We also collect a user name and password to permit an eligible user to access and interact with the Services. In addition, we may collect an adult’s payment card and related information in order to permit him or her to make purchases.
- Photos, Videos and Audio files.
- Location Information. If a user plays through an App or mobile site, we may collect the physical location of the user’s mobile device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower or WiFi signals, in order to provide location-based services and content, such as to permit interactive game play with real world environments.
- Unique Identifier for Push Notifications. We may collect a unique identifier assigned to the device used to play an App in order to deliver push notifications to an eligible user.
We may combine the information we collect from eligible users with information that we receive from other DreamWorks and third party online and offline sources, as permitted by law.
Use and Disclosure
We use and disclose the information we collect from and about users for these additional purposes:
- For our internal business purposes. We use users’ information for our internal business purposes, such as data analysis; audits; fraud prevention; improving or modifying our services; identifying usage trends; determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns; and operating our business.
- To our service providers. We may disclose users’ information to our service providers who assist us in providing and managing our services, such as by providing data analysis, payment processing, information technology, customer service, email delivery, auditing and other services.
- To contact the user. We may periodically send notifications or reminders related to the Services to an eligible user or parent. We may also send promotional materials to an eligible user by email and/or direct mail, if he or she has agreed to receive them.
- To protect our rights and those others. We may use or disclose a user’s information, consistent with applicable law, when we believe such disclosure is necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property and/or that of our affiliates, a user of the Services or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- In connection with a disposition of our assets. We may disclose a user’s information, consistent with applicable law, in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Third Party Services
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect personal information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your or your child’s interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
Choices and Access
Your choices regarding our use of your and your child’s information
We give you choices regarding our use of your and your child’s personal information for marketing purposes. You may opt out from:
- Receiving marketing emails: If you or your child no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us, follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each such email. You may also opt out by: (1) sending us an email at DWAWebContact@DreamWorksAnimation.com; or (2) writing to us (and include your email address) at DreamWorks Animation LLC, 1000 Flower Street, Glendale, California 91201, Attention: Digital Marketing.
- Receiving push notifications: If you or your child want to stop receiving push notifications, change the settings on the mobile device.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you or your child opt out of receiving marketing emails from us, we may still send important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt out.
Your access to and instructions regarding your or your child’s personal information
Your child’s personal information. If you would like to review the personal information we have collected from your child, or if you would like to ask us to cease collecting personal information from your child, make no further use of, or delete, the personal information we have collected from your child, contact us as described in the “Contacting Us” section, below. In your request, please include your name and your child’s name and email address, and specify the action you would like us to take. For your child’s protection, we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Your personal information. If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress or delete personal information that you have provided to us, contact us as described in the “Contacting Us” section, below. In your request, please make clear what action you would like us to take. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the information associated with the email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion. There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
The Services are controlled and operated by us from the United States and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. Users’ information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Services, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules than those of your country.
Dreamworks Animation LLC
1000 Flower Street
Glendale, California 91201
Attention: Digital Marketing
The operators on the Services are:
- Dreamworks Animation LLC, which can be contacted as set forth in the "Contacting Us" section, above.
- Google Inc.
- Zazzle Inc.