Redwood City, CA
Big Data Platform Engineer
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or closely related degree.
- Hands-on experience building visual analytics solutions around data from a distributed hybrid data platform
- Proficiency in Linux administration, performance monitoring of system and applications and automation
- Proficiency in Python and/or Java /Scala
- Exposure to Big Data machine learning technologies.
- Familiarity with Kafka, Zookeeper and Spark.
- Experience of creating highly scalable big data systems.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Hadoop administration
- Strong experience with Hadoop Platform (Hadoop, HBase, HDFS, - Hive), Pig, Map/Reduce streaming, Storm, Spark and other Big Data technologies.
Experience with cluster and cloud computing technologies (Mesos, Yarn, AWS)
- Sound knowledge of SQL & No-SQL databases
- Advanced shell scripting and troubleshooting on Linux
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
How To Apply
Include a resume and cover letter. We require both for all submissions.
To submit your information, send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Please put the position name (or code if applicable) in the subject line
We apologize that due to the volume of submissions we're unable to personally respond to each applicant or inquiry. If your qualifications meet our needs, we will contact you.