The Platform Service Operations team at DreamWorks is a cross-functional Operations/Software Engineering team with involvement at all phases of our application and service release lifecycle that embraces the DevOps method of communication, collaboration and integration between development and operations. The Platform Engineer is responsible for design, implementation, and ongoing support of the production services, applications and platform components that comprise the Next Generation SOA Platform as a Service that powers the DreamWorks Animation movie-making toolset. In this role you have the opportunity to leverage your technical skills in systems management, software development and database skills to provide best-practices guidance and tier-3 support to the Digital Operations and Research and Development teams.
- Work closely with operations and software engineering teams to design and implement scalable and high performance solutions for our platform as a service and internal management tools.
- Drive automation of application deployment for production and pre-release environments.
- Define monitoring requirements and implement automated incident resolution solutions.
- Design, implement and manage continuous integration, build management and deployment scripts and systems.
- Provide 24x7 tier-3 troubleshooting and break-fix support for production services.
- Quickly and efficiently troubleshoot simple and complex issues in order to provide outstanding support for internal service level objectives (3 9's currently).
- Identify areas for process and efficiency improvement within Platform Services Operations; recommend solutions and assist in overseeing implementation. Activelyfacilitate continuous improvement.
- Ensure all necessary operational processes and procedures are carried out with a high level of attention to detail, expediency and on-time delivery.
- Define and document standard run books and operating procedures. Create and maintain system information and architecture diagrams.
- Monitor various systems capacity and health indicators and trends; provide analytics & forecasts for added or reduced capacity as required.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- Extensive Unix/Linux experience required
- Experience with configuration and change management, monitoring, and trending.
- Strong understanding HTTP protocol and experience in management of server implementations (Apache HTTPD / Lighttpd).
- 3-5 years of relevant experience including in managing Linux/Unix platforms in these functions: application server administration (JBoss, Glassfish, WebLogic, WebSphere, etc.), DNS, linux system configuration and administration (RedHat, Ubuntu)
- Understanding of TCP/IP, load balancing clusters, server load balancing, firewalls
- Understanding of automation practices throughout the development, build, and deployment phases of the application life-cycle
- Demonstrated ability to support and administer high volume pre-release and production environments for internal facing applications.
- Experience with one or more Unix shell scripting languages (Bash, C-Shell, ...)
- Experience with one or more object-oriented scripting languages (Python, Java).
- Experience with relational databases in the area of schema design, stored procedures, and query optimization. Experience with Oracle a plus.
- Experience with build management and continuous integration tools (Bamboo, Cruise Control, Continuum, Jenkins)
- Understanding of revision control and continuous integration best practices.
- Experience using an operational ticketing system to record changes and work history details such as JIRA, OTRS or Service Now.
- Experience with cloud services (Amazon EC2/S3, OpenStack) elastic capacity administration and cloud deployment and administration tools a plus
- Hands-on - completes tasks quickly and thoroughly, follows-through and is highly dependable.
- Highly responsible, self-motivated, and able to thrive in an energetic, fast pace, high growth environment. Exhibits ownership of projects and tasks assigned
- Excellent organizational skills required to adapt to a constantly changing technical environment
- Strong team player with a customer service orientation with the ability to forge relationships at all levels of the company and across diverse cultures
- Have excellent communication skills written, verbal and interpersonal.
- Ethical, honest, fair and of high integrity.
How to Apply
To submit your information, send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Please put the position name (or code if applicable) in the subject line of your email and include your resume and cover letter as attachments. Please put your First and Last name in the file name of each attachment.
We apologize that due to the volume of submissions we're unable to personally respond to each applicant or inquiry. If your qualifications meet our needs, we will contact you.
indicating DevOps Platform Engineer in the subject line.